Thursday, August 29, 2013

Martinez- Introduction

 This has been my first week of college and it's been the first time I have been on my own, so it has given me the opportunity to learn things about myself that I did not know before. I have met so many interesting people in the short time that I have been here and from these people I have learned about many different subjects and fields of study that I find myself interested in. Coming here, I have met a variety of different people with a many different backgrounds and many different opinions and experiences. I love meeting new people and learning where they come from because I think it is important to be able to reach out to people who come from different places because in the future I will be having to work will all sorts of people. 
Probably the biggest dose of reality I have been hit with thus far is the reality that everything costs money. I find myself budgeting myself and keeping track of how much I spend because being a college student, I only have so much money available to spend. I have realized the importance of separating the things I really need versus the things I really want because I have to be smart about what I spend my money on, as any college student should.
Even though, I have more time in between classes than I did in high school that does not mean college is easier or less stressful. Time management is a skill that I have realized to be crucial in order to be successful in college. Every moment of free time between classes is an opportunity to get a head start on homework that way there is not all this homework that has to be done the night before it is due.
In high school and throughout middle school I was never a breakfast eater. Every morning I would wake up and brush my teeth and then get in the car to go to school and I would never eat any breakfast because I was always too lazy. Now, that has completely changed ever since I got here. I have gotten up to get breakfast every morning because if not I find myself feeling low on energy which affects my ability to pay attention in class and my ability to finish my homework quickly. Even though there is a lot of time during the day that I am not in class, I have found that eating breakfast is an essential part of each day in order to do well in school.


1 comment:

  1. I have found that it is hard to learn how to manage my time as well. It is very different having your school and home all in one place and that has definitely been hard for me to get used to. I also agree that it is fun to meet all these new people.

    ReplyDelete