Thursday, August 29, 2013

Buzaid- Introduction


College is a huge change for every freshman. My first week here has been nothing but interesting. I’ve met so many people from so many different places. Surprisingly, I’ve found adapting to college life be very easy. Everyone is friendly and open minded, it’s a bit different from the north east! I come from Connecticut and I’ve never lived in a city like New Orleans. The atmosphere is quite a change, but I really enjoy the warmer weather and the friendlier faces.
My travels to Loyola went something like this…  
                I started my trip off on the wrong foot. I was really excited and couldn’t wait to get away from my parents; I said my farewells to them at JFK airport in New York. I stood in line for U.S. Airways for 30 minutes, by the time I made it to the front of the line the attendant politely informed me that I was at the wrong airport. Yup, a half hour before my flight was supposed to take off I was at the wrong airport. You see, there are two airports not far from each other in New York. One being JFK, the other being La Guardia.  My dad dropped me off at the wrong one and was long gone by the time I figured out where I was actually supposed to be. Frantic and crying I had to pull all my luggage across JFK by myself and wave down a taxi to take me to La Guardia airport 20 minutes away. Luckily, my flight had been delayed for an hour and I was going to make it. Now I’m able to laugh about it, but at the time I was not a happy camper.
So, in the end I made it and I’m here now. My classes so far have been great. My schedule works really well for me and my teachers have been awesome. The work load hasn’t hit me yet but I know it’s coming… it’s going to hit us all… I’m actually kind of worried about it. I don’t know if any of you feel the same. I went to a public school and was able to ease my way through it. I’m probably about to be in for a rude awakening. But hey at least I know Loyola has helpful resources available for me.  With that I’m going to sum up my intro, hope you all enjoyed my little story!

No comments:

Post a Comment