Thursday, August 29, 2013

Eljumaily - Introduction

What. Is. Up. Everybody, my name is Aidan Eljumaily. I come from Cali and can honestly say that my first week of college and New Orleans life has been insanity. The minute my parents walked away and I sat in my dorm all alone, it hit me-I would never again be taken care of or catered to for every childish whim I had.
That freedom initially frightened the life out of me! Mainly because I had no idea how to do laundry (which I still don't know how to do) but also because no one or no thing would be standing behind me pushing me to work hard. For as long as I can remember I have been diagnosed over and over with ADHD and ADD and all other sorts of "disorders" and problems. The idea of having to actually motivate myself to do my own work made me consider not attending college and just trying to make it in the music industry. I was already surprised I made it through High School, so how was I about to make it by my lonesome in college, let alone a whole new city across the country?
However, since I was only ever able to focus on the thing I truly love, singing and Music, I figured going to college for the art might not be so bad or difficult to work for. I was absolutely correct! In this first week of school, I have done more work and learned more interesting things about Music and myself than I have in 18 years. School finally makes sense, I've found out I'm not so dense and that now my childhood and problems can be the past tense. Being surrounded by people that have just as much if not more talent than you is my favorite part about this town and city.
It also makes for a fun time when those same people party as hard if not harder than you....my God. This city will be the near death of me, but boy do I love it. Music is my passion and every ounce of it is like heaven in my ears, but paired with good people and the right illegal liquids and such, passion becomes an understatement and obsession sets in. The musical atmosphere that city of New Orleans houses could just be my kingdom come. It's infectious, contagious, nearly even ridiculous how lit up the town can get. It's been everything I've dreamed of and more, with the best yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you're musical just from reading this post. I don't know if you meant to but there is a definite flow and rhythm to your writing, including a few rhymes! I'm glad that college is working out for you so far and you should never be bummed out about labels given to you throughout your life! Enjoy all of the music and the city and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete