Thursday, August 29, 2013

Seals - Introduction



I'm kinda proud of myself/not.  The last week I've made a good amount of friends who I'm all happy to have gotten to know.  Some I can be completely myself around, which is, I guess, what you're supposed to do around friends, however I'm a pretty weird guy so when I'm around others I have to contain the quirkiness.  So there's that- but I can already tell my time management will be a huge problem.  Waking up in time/getting work done and all that jazz is going to be the hardest factor although I've done both just fine so far.  I really just don't want to end up having the same stupid habits I had throughout high school.  However, other than that I'm extremely happy.  I love it here.

The coolest/corniest part is that I'm actually here.  New ******* Orleans! I was legitimately getting claustrophobic of my stuck up suburbs.  I've been downtown three times already to experience amazing funk/jazz on Frenchman and Bourbon.  I've been enjoying the food, even in our cafe which I'm happily satisfied with.  I get lost in the unique architecture especially if it's broken downish.  The street cars never fail to allure me every time I'm around them.  The people's smiles in and outside of campus are great, and the random street music is amazing.  I really think this place is where I'm meant to be.

I'm excited about my classes as well.  I am the biggest gah gah for Pretty Lights Music head you will ever meet...I think... so when I found out my Music Technology professor, Jeff Albert, played trombone for some tracks on A Color Map of the Sun (Pretty Lights' new album) I melted.  He seems like an awesome guy that I'm going to receive a lot of useful information from.  Inside the Mind of Tim Burton..... lets gooooooo.

"What's your major?" .. I've heard that question 1,000 freaking times the last week.  Music Industry will be a roller coaster of work, uncertainties, problems, solutions, stress- but fun.  It's why I came here and I'm looking forward to the hands on learning process.

So yea... what else... I wanna through and DJ a Pretty Lights/Disclosure/Flume/Gramaitk/good music dance party and show this school the real side to the electronic scene(as corny as that sounds).  I need to get back on the drum set asap as well.  I don't think I've changed much but definitely growing.  Go me.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment