Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pilie- Introduction


My first week at Loyola has been everything I expected and more. I have met many different, new people that I have become friends with. At first I was a little worried about finding classes and what the whole college experience would be like, but I quickly learned how much I actually like it. I met a couple of people at orientation, but as soon as school actually started I met many new people and started hanging out with them after school and in between classes. I am very excited about my major, Music Industry Studies. It's the only thing I am really passionate about. Hopefully one day I will be successful with music. I spend a lot of time writing music and performing. Playing live shows is one of the funnest, most exciting, rewarding things to me. When somebody that I don't know comes up to me and tells me about how much they liked seeing my band or hearing my songs, it makes me feel on top of the world. That is what I want to do with my life, and hopefully Loyola will help me do that. Thankfully, almost all of my classes are music classes, making my first semester of college very fun, aside from the nights and weekends. I have an apartment on St. Charles Ave, which is extremely convenient, fun, and interesting. I grew up in New Orleans and I love the city. I am extremely excited to be going to Loyola, because it seems like just the perfect school for me. I moved out of my house about a month ago and my life has already drastically changed. Not having your parents tell you what to do all the time is pretty awesome. Everyone at Loyola seems really nice. I feel like I could talk to anyone about anything. I am so thankful that high school prepared me so well for college. I remember in my senior year of high school how excited, anxious and nervous I was about college. Everyone said how much my life was going to change for the better, and I can see now how it already has. There is always something new going on at or around Loyola. I'm always open to meet new people and hear about their lives and their story. I've met amazing musicians and already learned more about music, guitar and the music business.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree about you being able to talk to anyone about anything. From the time we've spent together you seem pretty cool. Its awesome that you have an apartment. Hopefully we can hang out some more. Maybe we can exchange music sometime. You probably know my roommate Emma, shes in Music Industry Studies too. A lot of people I've notice are in that major. Best of luck to you in it! I'd love to hear you preform. Since you're from New Orleans I'd appreciate it if you could show me a few place to hangout. Gabby Buzaid.

    ReplyDelete