Thursday, August 29, 2013

Prevost- Introduction



I arrived on a Wednesday with my Red Hyundai packed down to its maximum capacity. I had always known that I had an issue with over packing, but after I had finished packing a small family car, and a four door truck I knew that I had surpassed an over packing issue. It’s only a three hour drive, but those three hours seemed like an eternity because during the entire drive I had just finally realized I was on my own. We got to the school, and then it seems just a few seconds later I was hugging and kissing my family goodbye.
My first actual day of college had arrived; I was as giddy as a child on Christmas Day. I skipped over to my first class, which was General Chemistry I was nervous because obviously it was my first class. After I met my professor and realized what my dreams and goals were set to, my nerves and anxiety shot through the roof. I began to doubt myself, and it was only the first class on the first day.
I had always been a paranoid individual, I over-think, over-analyze, make simple things and situations to complex, and just ultimately make things a lot tougher on myself.  When it comes to school I am a perfectionist and nothing short of that, but I began thinking I was in over my head.
I went on to my few other classes, met the professors, received the syllabus, same routine in every room. At the end of the day I went back to my dorm and just lied on my bed still criticizing myself. A few minutes past and I received a call from a familiar voice, who somehow always knew when something was wrong, and always had a solution. He talked me through it, calmed my nerves, and got my mind straight. So, with a bit more confidence I tackled on the next day, and the next and I was not as terrified, I told myself to not let the big textbooks and long Chemistry conversions frighten me into being something less than I have dreamed of becoming.
Now, I am almost done with my first week of college and I have aced my first test, and finished physics homework (I have not taken physics, yet). I may have wanted to rip my hair out on the first day, but I am glad I stuck to my guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment