Thursday, August 29, 2013

Coby - Hello Here I Am!

Life changed before my eyes during the first week of college . I realized everything i worked for in all my years of mindless schooling came to this, Loyola University New Orleans. My hopes and dreams of becoming something of myself are derived from the tireless effort i put into my 4 expensive years at this college . Dont get me wrong, as expensive as this university is , i have already realized that the expense of this university has already paid off during my first week of college . The many friends i have made, the laughs that i have shared with my newly found loved ones has taught me that the  $48 thousand dollar a year price-tag is without a doubt worth it . Of course i have brought a new type of humor into the mix with my vicious sarcasm, my " i make fun of you because i'm comfortable with you" exterior , my relentlessness generosity , and my " go get em " mentality. Those of which have caused a closer bound between me and my new best friend Emily Morrell . She was the first friend i made at Loyola , and we have been inseparable since day 1. It's crazy how much you can have in common with someone you have never met in your entire life. Crazy and Beautiful at that. Actually more Beautiful than crazy , because of the morals she has taught me , and her  ambition entwined with the addictive aura around her.  But aside from Emily , I have made more friends in one day than i have in 4 years at high school . That is the best part of my life right now, The networking . My mother always told me that my Network is My Networth, and i will never forget those words that came from her passionate voice the afternoon we went our on separate ways. The tears that ran down my cheek made me realize that i have grown out of the stage of sleeping on the couch and waking up in my bed, or coming home from school to see my mother's warm smile accompanied with a day changing peck on the cheek .  But i am here for her, Mary Jackson, I want to take care of her and show her that i can make something of my self and not just tried. Because forget trying and not doing  because not doing is something that im not doing .     

1 comment:

  1. I also feel the same way about the price tag! It is an insane amount of money to think about but in the long run we know that it will be a great investment. I'm stuck in work study so I know how you feel. I was the quiet commuter at orientation and so I didn't really make a bunch of friends this week. I did make a really amazing friend though, just one! As for the sarcasm thing, I hope we become friends because you seem very laid back and funny...although I don't pick up on sarcasm that often. That's awesome how you and Emily have bonded so quickly! I can relate to you on how it feels to step into a new stage of life though. I do commute, but my mother works insane shifts so the only time I really get to see her is when I get up in the mornings. That's very great of you to want to take care of your mom. I'm definitely going to use your last line though! But don't worry, I won't forget to quote you- Nick Arceneaux

    ReplyDelete