Thursday, August 29, 2013

Turnage - Meet Me !



The beginning of my college career has been what I call, the unexpected. It was far from what I every expected. Of course you hear the stories of late, sleepless nights in the library, the piles of homework and the wonderful freshman fifteen , but I never believed, someone else’s story would actually become my reality.
August twenty sixth two – thousand and thirteen is when it begun.  After my first class, my brain was on full overload and by the second class I was already on my way to my death bed.
I was overwhelmed not by the fact that I had all this work to do, but by the reality I had no one to guide me to do it. No one to pace me through, no one to encourage me, I had to be my own motivation. It was THE beginning of my life, my entrance into adulthood.
By the end of the first day I had talked to my mom over thirty six times and had over forty two calls to her phone, and cried six times
By five o’clock I was in the library printing many papers, from syllabuses to homework assignments due the next week.  I ended my night studying, trying to get ahead and returning to my dorm at three thirty A.M
The second day seemed to set better with me, as I only had two simple classes I knew I would be fine in. But as the night before, I was occupied in the library. I was then typing my first paper that was not due till September the twenty sixth, nearly a month away, studying for a test two months away and writing a study guide a semester away.
As the third day arrived I was feeling much better about my being, I felt as I was better prepared as I was ahead of the game, until chemistry. I soon learned I had a quiz the next class, along with thirty two homework questions to be turned in the next day. “I can’t win for loosing”, I thought; another restless night in the library it would be.
The fourth day is today! It’s been a breeze, kind of a reliever. I am ahead in all my classes and my first grade in my Loyola University career is a ninety eight percent, I could not be any happier. On top of that tomorrow is Friday and the library closes at nine so I will be in my dorm by ten o’clock.
I cannot be stopped.


1 comment:

  1. Olivia, I totally feel you on the stuff about chemistry. Chem is definitely going to be a struggle this semester, and I'm sure to be joining you soon in the library for some late night studying sessions.
    - Patti

    ReplyDelete