Thursday, August 29, 2013

Figueroa - Introduction

What I've Learned In College So Far



My college experience so far has been amazing. I’ve fallen in love with New Orleans and can’t think of a better place to be. Making this big transition into college couldn’t have come at a better time in my life than now. There are so many amazing things happening in my life that is hard to keep track of what day it is. So far I have moved half way across the country to New Orleans from Connecticut. I’ve made new friends, new connections, and started a new life. I’ve already started learning how to be more responsible and manage my time. Being here on my own has taught me how to be independent while also trusting in my new friends. I have met so many people that it’s hard to keep track of all the names and faces. I love how college allows you to start over and be yourself. It’s nice to have a fresh start.
Over my first weekend here I managed to do a lot of new things in a short amount of time. I moved for the first time which was quite hectic. Also I met my roommate for the first time and went out to buy stuff for our room with him. I made new friends and went out to a concert the second night here. It was a great way to bond with my new friends and have a great night before school officially started. I also started to understand that the freshman fifteen is very real and should be avoided at all costs. The cafeteria is a dangerous place if you’re not careful and don’t work out. I also went out clubbing for the first time in New Orleans with my friends. After a long night of dancing I may have burned off all those calories I ate in the cafeteria.
College has also taught me how to be myself and not be ashamed of who I am. It has given me a new start. I am now more open with my life and I am able to share everything I have to offer. I like the feeling of meeting new people and being able to show them exactly who I am. It has only been a week and I can already tell that the four years I spend here are going to be some of the best years of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment