Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shubert-Here I Am!

                                            
       Hello fellow classmates! My name is Linsey Shubert and I am so excited to be at Loyola University New Orleans. I am from the Greater New Orleans Area but I am so glad that I have been able to experience this great city here at Loyola.
      Although I expected college life to be scary and hard so far it has been a lot of fun and I have met a lot of really great people. I am a Theatre major and my first class in my major was Dramatic Imagination. I was terribly frightened but excited to enter this class that upperclassmen warn is the hardest class in the major. So far I think they have been bluffing. All of my classes so far have been interesting and fun but challenging in a good way. The professors here are so knowledgeable about their field and I can't wait to learn all I can from them.
      The food here also rocks! From the OR to the multitude of options in the food court here and on Tulane's campus you will never go hungry (although I've heard terrible things about Tulane's cafeteria so maybe stay away from there).
      I've already had to audition for the fall season of the theatre shows on the third day which was terrifying but also a great start to the year. I'm loving my trek to my Stagecraft Lab class all the way on the Broadway campus. It's longer than I want to walk but it's been so worth it and yesterday we got to use power tools (and bonus no one cut off a finger)!
      Everyone always talks about making lifelong friends in college and although I'm not quite sure that I've made "lifelong" friends, I have met some great people who I would like to continue to stay friends with as long as I can. I hope to continue to meet great people as this whole campus is teeming with nice, friendly people I would love to meet!
So far I've only walked into the wrong class once (which was horribly embarrassing) and I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't happen again. I haven't gotten really lost which is also a plus.   
This first week has made me so excited about the rest of the year. I don't know about you but I have had a blast here at Loyola and it's only the first week! The best is yet to come!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Linsey! I've walked into the wrong class too and I was horribly embarrassed as well, especially since it was an empty room so that should have been a sure sign that I was definitely in the wrong place. Hopefully that never happens again- to either of us!
    I agree, the food is absolutely amazing. I've eaten on Tulane's campus and the food is great there too, just ignore the ugly looks that inevitably are given simply because you're a Loyola student.
    I hope you enjoy your time at Loyola, I really enjoyed your post and we should be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how open minded and excited you are about classes, I could only wish to have such a charismatic and spunky attitude towards challenges I face in life. I have to agree with you though; the food in the OR is good and a lot better than my high school cafeteria for sure. I went eat at Tulane, should I be frightened? I have not heard anything about their cafeteria, yet. I wish you the best of luck in your major, and hope you get all the roles you audition for and more! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete