Thursday, August 29, 2013

Crowe: Introduction


My full name is Gadusi Tate Win Crowe, I am 18 years old and I am from Cherokee, North Carolina. I am 3/4 Native American and 1/4 Black Dutch Irish. I am three different tribes: Sioux, Arikara, and Cherokee. My first week at college so far has been very fun and a really big adjustment. I have many many new friends and enjoyed hanging out with my friends that I met at orientation. I changed my entire schedule today and I am pretty excited about my new classes, this class in particular. I am an English major but I have many other interests such as photography, singing, childcare, and psychology. I have considered minoring in music industry and taking singing classes to improve my talents and possibly get in songs that my other friends produce. I would like to meet all of the freshman class and become familiar with them on a first name basis. I have an older brother and sister and a cat named Iktome, her name means Trickster in Lakota. My older sister, Janine, lives across the lake in Mandeville, Louisiana. It takes ten hours to get here by car and I really miss my family, I still have not unpacked my belongings yet. I moved in later than the other freshmen because I had to wait until the weekend to drive here, also, I stayed with my sister on the saturday that I arrived in Nola. My close friends so far are: Devin, Bennett, Duncan, Will, Ricardo, Jon, and Julian. My roommate is Taylor Herbert, Taylor is pretty cool and I enjoy her attitude concerning the college roommate experience. I would like to have more close friends and I believe I will get there because I keep meeting people every day. Yesterday, I met Leo, Paul, Noah, Jaque, Elliot, and Jana. Jana kind of scares me because she is very intense. I hope to become an author, mostly just fiction writing. My favorite author is John Green because he writes beautiful life lessons that break your heart but inspire you to have hope in the end. I also enjoy writing poetry and flash fiction. My music taste veries from some country, to alternative, to heavy metal, and death metal. Some of my favorite bands are A Day To Remember, Of Mice & Men Asking Alexandria, Bring Me The Horizon, Kid Cudi, Modest Mouse, and bands of that sort. I am going to hang out with my sister tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about that. Until next time,
Gadusi Tate Win. (:

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I love John Green too! Looking for Alaska is one of my favorites. Also nice taste in music. I sing to and I am studying music industry studies. You should definitely minor in it. I think its going to be a lot of work, but I also think it will be really interesting and helpful, especially if you want to pursue music in your future. I love to meet people too, and we can sing sometime if you want. What kind of music do you sing? I sing pop, jazz, rock, blues, or whatever I feel like seeing. I hope to talk to you soon!

    - Becca Jump

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm a freshman as well so I feel you with the whole adjusting to a new place. I'm also around 9-10 hours away from my hometown Dallas, Tx. I actually came down here to Loyola by myself and my parents had to stay because they worked. So far everything has been pretty well though! I'm majoring in music industry studies so that's pretty cool that you're minoring in it. Music is just something that mostly everyone enjoys :). I've seen some of the bands that you mentioned on your post like A Day To Remember, Of Mice & Men, Asking Alexandria, and Bring Me The Horizon. I used to really be into bands like that and I still am but I just really find myself listening to more indie pop stuff. Well it was nice reading a little bit about you, have wonderful studies here at Loyola!

    - Ximena Garcia-Ruiz

    ReplyDelete