Thursday, August 29, 2013

Allen- Introduction

Today everyone has been writing about their first week here at Loyola, however I am only on my third day! I was actually at LSU for the past week because I thought that was where I wanted to further my education as a college student. Long story short, I was wrong.
I came here to Loyola on Tuesday, early Tuesday morning. I got all my stuff together and became an official wolf pack member… I guess that’s what you’d call it? Any who, So far I can Loyola is way better than LSU! I am so happy I made that change to come here. This campus is absolutely awesome, everything is close to each other and the atmosphere is friendly. I actually haven’t made any friends here yet but I hope they come as the year continues.
I do not live on campus sadly, I live at my home in new Orleans east. I feel bittersweet about that because for one, I have a room to myself and access to free food 24/7 on the other hand I wish I did live on campus because I do not think I’ll be making friends with that constant interaction with my fellow students. I would love love love to make some friends though so if you are reading HI! I’d love to go out and chill one day. 
 My major is Biology, I am studying  to become a forensic scientist. I also hope to one day own a funeral home. Creepy some may say but I find myself to not be much of a people person. Dead bodies interest me because who doesn’t want to dissect a human body? I guess the fascination came with my love of science and the dissections I got to perform while I was in high school. It’s literally a privilege to go through a human body and dissect organs or whatever you please. In my second class on Tuesday I heard a fellow student talk about how she’s enrolled in a forensic science course, I plan to look into that soon.
So far this week at Loyola I have came to understand how much I love my nike tennis shoes. They are so comfortable even though I do not  have very long distances to walk. I have a load of homework with NO books. Unbelievable right? I’ll find a way. Being in college and being in my hometown may be a problem, I like to go out at night. It’s like my body is allergic to sunlight and having fun. So I will have to find a way to balance my enjoyment of night life and school work if I plan to succeed at such a prestigious university.

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty interesting how you originally went to LSU and decided to come to Loyola instead. I haven't actually seen the LSU campus but I have heard mixed reviews. I am sure that you are going to find friends incredibly quickly because based on your post, because you seem like a really nice and cool person. I have no idea how you can be a forensic science major just because I am terrible at science and it sounds incredibly difficult, but I'm sure that you are going to go far in your field. Personally, I wouldn't want to dissect a human body, but hey everyone is different. I wish you luck in your endeavor to get all your books before your homework is due, because that seems like a pretty difficult goal. Personally, I think you are going to adapt really quickly because this school is awesome and you will have no problem finding a social group really fast. Good luck! Noah Feltes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete