Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lilly - Introduction

Hey everyone, my name is Gabby and I was late to this class today. I ended up totally confused and felt silly once I realized what I did. I'm also incredibly bad at talking, or in this case typing, about myself and on the spot. This is the second week I've been at Loyola and I'm slowly getting used to it. The environment here is nice even though I haven't been out much, and I don't just mean the trees and surroundings, I also mean the people and overall feel of Loyola. It was definitely a big adjustment from Mandeville, leaving my friends, dogs, and bed. Everyone wants to make a big deal about college and make it very intimidating, but it's not that bad if you're on top of things. This week I'm most certainly not on top of things but next week I plan on being so, hopefully. During the orientation, I learned how many people were not that independent, for example, their parents would do everything for them, from doing their laundry to waking them up every morning. I found it surprising because I don't see how people are going to survive college if that's the way they lived. Granted though, that doesn't mean these people are incapable. Loyola is a very involved school, the orientation felt half like a pep rally, which I avoided during high school. Hopefully I can get into the spirit of the wolf pack but more than likely that won't happen. The whole new experience of living with a roommate that you don't know is not exactly what I thought it would be like but at the same time I'm not really sure what I thought it would be like. It's not bad or anything but I definitely need to get out more and meet people. I've spent most this week going to classes and watching Hawaii Five-O. As you've already heard I'm really into T.V. shows. Please don't hold it against me for not watching Breaking Bad and/or The Walking Dead. Those are the real big, main steam shows everyone is into at the moment. I don't care for zombies at all, except for Warm Bodies and Resident Evil. I'm not sure if the shows are just ones that I won't be into or if it's my habit of making a point to be different from everyone else. I tend to really dislike things that are all the same and everyone is into. My favorite show, Supernatural, is about to come back for another season and I'm sure that will distract me from my classes. I've typed over four hundred words so I think I'm done with this even though I'm not sure I truly understood the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gabby! The only thing that I can suggest is that even if you don't want to, go out! The hardest part about being in a new place is meeting new people. Grab a couple of the people on your hall and just walk around, even if it's just around campus. Everyone in the freshman class is in the same boat! - Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gabby! I guess everyone arrives late to a class sooner or later so don't hold it against you. As you, I'm incredible bad at on the spot typing and had a really hard time writing my post. In my case, they used to do everything for me back at home and I think I've adjusted to everything quite easily.
    Definitely get out more! It's worth it, trust me. You'll probably meet your best friends for the next for years if you do.
    Oh, and I don't watch any of those shows either, try Suits! It's great.

    Rosalia Esteva

    ReplyDelete