Friday, December 6, 2013

Wadsworth- The World of Tim Burton



The World of Tim Burton; this class has opened up my eyes to film and the way it works. Before when I watched movies I never saw anything behind it, just the plot of the movie. I would have never thought about who directed it or why certain people played certain roles; these characteristics in films make the difference and I would have never thought about this before this class. I learned so many things about film in this class that I probably would have gone my whole life without knowing. When I watch a movie now I feel that I looked at it differently than before. I feel that I get more into my movies.
I have opened up my eyes to the strange and unusual side of film. I have always been a fan of some of his movies, but from this class I have accustomed a new favorite movie of mine, Big Fish. Big Fish has so much meaning behind the movie. It brings tears to my eyes to watch it. I think I love this movie even more so because I know why Tim Burton made this film. As we all know he likes to put himself into his movies, but for this movie I feel was more intimate for Burton. This was a little of his past and a little of his future. For these reasons my photos I choose for this blog is Burton in his natural habitat, directing one of my favorite movies.
In the top left corner, we see Burton and his significant other. You look at this photo and see emotions in their face and the concern. This is a real life emotion for them. There was no acting going on here and that is what makes these photos my favorite photos of Burton. All these photos you see Burton with his emotions and his directing. You see him doing what he does best. I could not pick just one, I picked these four because each one is a little different but i favor them all equally.
Coming into this class I would have never expected to come out knowing what I know. Dr McCay is an amazing professor and she knows how to take learning to a whole other level. Not only did I feel that I was in class, I felt enjoyment going to class. This by far is my favorite class of the semester and I wouldn't doubt if this is my favorite class all throughout college. The funny thing about this class and it being my favorite is that English is my most hated subject. This class made me want to write and show my opinion on the things we watched and talked about. Before if someone told me I had to write a 500 word blog I would dread the idea of it, but for this class I was rather excited to write this blog I am composing now. I feel like writing isn't as bad as I always thought it was. So to sum this up, I will say that this class has opened my eyes to a whole new world of film and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment